Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Pic 18F2550

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matheus_Carvalho

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm trying for a long time to find a simple code example for using the USB output of the pic, in my project I just need to send a signal from pic to USB port of a computer. I'll use Labview to interpret this signal. My problem is that so far I don't find any tutorial that could help me. Another thing, I 'll use Mplab C18. Anyone have any tutorial or book that could help me?

Hi,

Simple code for USB - I wish !!

If you go to Microchips site they have a massive section of free working examples for C18, just find them from the main menu.

If thats over the top for you current need, then the simple way is to use the USART serial comms and use a printer cable / serial to USB converer - which are around quite cheaply at the right place.

Read the book USB Complete by Jan Axelson.

Also check this site:

**broken link removed**

I have that type of code, but you will learn way more if you do it by yourself.

I can't afford a book like this, and I'm very new at this topic, if you send a code example I would be very grateful and I'll study it to learn.

You can find examples in mikroC compiler using PIC USART modules. Personaly I prefer C18 compiler which has also good libraries to use the USART modules. It is much easier to use the serial port then convert it to USB than config the USB interface directly in the PIC.

hi,my project also need to send signal from pic2550 to PC via USB.
but is it possible by using the C language, preferebly written using CCS C compiler.
Can someone point me to right direction?
Is that any sample coding provided online?

gimminleonhart said:
but is it possible by using the C language, preferebly written using CCS C compiler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eaeWfA4P5E

gimminleonhart said:

Search example folder of CCS compiler root. say "C:\Program Files\PICC\Examples".
Eg.
ex_usb_serial.c
ex_usb_hid.c
etc.

I recommend you to use C18 bcoz its more comfortable for me and good samples and technical support,library etc are available.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.