Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with parallel port programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanzlavos

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My motherboard is Asus M3A78-EM. It doesnt have a parallel port connection. However, it does have 25 pins on it marked LPT and it is said that with an adapter, it can be used as a normal parallel port.

I used to program my 89sXX microcontroller with the ISP flash porgrammer by Asim. Actually i had taken the connection on a bread board itself and worked fine.

Now I made an adapter which connects directly to the motherboard. And i took connections only from the required pins as described in the circuit diagram that i was following. Now when i place a microcontroller, and try to retrieve its signature, it shows different values and once in a while it shows the correct device signature. But then again, when i try to burn, it tells that the signature didnt match.

This same setup was used earlier to program. And i am certain that i have taken the correct connections from the motherboard. (And it does retrieve the correct signature sometimes.). What could be the problem ?

Please help.. :)

The circuit I am using is this :

**broken link removed**

I am not using the parallel port pin 5 connection. Instead pins 40 and 31 are connected directly to Vcc. I know that this will work because I have been using this circuit on a bread board for a year from a normal parallel port (on my old motherbaord).

And I did forget to mention something. I had accidently interchanged the GND and LPT pin 9 connection. Could this have damaged the port ??

hi
i am the beginner student want to learn how to promgrame the controller 89c51 or 8251. please help me to do it. please i will be very thankful to you for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back