Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with OrCAD simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

userXY

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a basic circuit with diode (D1N4002), resistor R=100 Ohm, and a DC voltage source.

I have set three different temperatures in Temperature (Sweep). Default variable for X Axis is the voltage source, and when trying to change it to V(D1) (using Plot - Axis settings) which is a diode voltage, it gives the error:

ERROR(ORPROBE-3217): Only 1 expression allowed for the X variable.

My simulation profile is set as following:

DC Sweep

Primary sweep
Sweep variable - Voltage source - Name: V1
Sweep type - Linear - Start value: -10V - End value: 10V - Increment: 0.01V

Temperature sweep
Repeat the simulation for each of the temperatures: -75 25 125

My question is how to get diode characteristic (or any other characteristic) Id=f(Vd) when multiple temperatures are used in the same simulation?

Also, how to indicate what trace belongs to what temperature, determine and display the treshold voltage for each trace?
For the set point positioned at Vd=0.8V at temperature 25 degree Celsius and for voltage increment dVd=+0.1V or dVd=-0.1V, determine the dynamic resistance of a diode and display it on the diagram.

Could someone show the steps for this simulation?

Note: This is not homework. I am practicing for exam.
Note: I am using OrCAD Capture CIS Lite 16.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.