Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with Orcad footprint libraries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipchip

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I know that this is not a new topic, but surely there is someone out there that has company or personal notes refereenceing what is included in orcads standard librars. DIP SIP I can figure out but the others? If any one has any thing that they can share it would be appreciated.

Can not understand why Orcad does not supply this information? I have used Ultiboard and EEdesigner and both included this.

I know that Orcad provides a book with PCB footprint that are included with the soft, but I was searching the PDF of it without any success..

If anyone have that book :
Orcad footprint library :)

OrC@d Footprint Libraries Book

It was not issued in PDF only PAPER. Someone would have to scan it in. I have been looking for an ebook of this too.

I have only a PDF of footprint library but not of orcad 9.2 but another soft compatible with older version of orcad (this is usefull in order to find out a footprint, but not for the Orcad 9.2 footprint name

Does anyone have this "paper" book and a scanner?

the problem with scanned book of footprint is that the scale dimension accuracy isn't well respected .

the problem for me is that the hard copy of Orcad libs has aprox 130 pages of bigger than A5 so each side has to be scanned separately.
Also the other problem is my scanner is knackered.
If there are any particular shapes you ater after I can tell you the footprint name

The other way is to phone a distributor and ask for a copy of V9 -
Thats how I got mine they were very obliging

MTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back