Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with NMOS Transistors!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neozaid

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Some one can tell me how can I built(teorically) an AND, OR, NOT,... with NMOS transistors??
Or with CMOS tecnology

Hi

this may help.

if you think this info is useful, click on "helped me" button, for statistics.

Sal

go and search google u find a lot of material

or see the book digital integrated circuits by ken martin

u can find a lot of info on this in search engines ...
or its better to go thro the book once
1.Cmos digital ICS by yusuf leblenci,kang

What's the advantages and disadvantages of pure nmos logic gates?

Small size of NMOS transistors make higher scale of integration. Simpler to make. It is not good as CMOS in static power consumption but better than BJT based logic circutis... I dont know for disadvantages, that would be more like limitation. They are not to resistant to high voltages such as 20V, because punch through, or because SiO2 is thick and could destroy transistor.
There are also parasite BJT's in NMOS transistors. If you take the source to the more negative voltage than base , you get BJT betwean source-base-drain.
They are not as fast as ECL logic, but can compete with other...
Dynamics depends of lots and lots of parasite capacities in NMOS, due to small currents they operate, so they are not good for SSI and MSI.
They have simpliest structure, with smallest number of transtors so they are sutable for LSI and VLSI circuits.

Book for you is: R. Gregorian, G.C. Temes, "Analog MOS integrated circuits for digital processing", Wiley, New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back