Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with my rom issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

cristiano7

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,

i want to save in a ROM those vectors:
vector1(0 to 3)<=x"0000";
vector2(0 to 3)<=x"0001";
vector3(0 to 3)<=x"0010";
And each time i want to take one of them in order to xor it with another signal( MEP(0 to 3) ) which is coming from another component.
The problem is that during synthesis it says that
FF/Latch <DATA_0> has a constant value of 0 in block <ROM>. This FF/Latch will be trimmed during the optimization process.

FF/Latch <DATA_1> has a constant value of 0 in block <ROM>. This FF/Latch will be trimmed during the optimization process.

I believe that this happens because the first two bits are the same for those vectors. And it says that they will be trimmed! If the will be trimmed then i will lose them , right? So on the FPGA i will lose those bits, and then how can i do the xor with the signal MEP? I need those trimmed signals!

but according to your (very limited) code, bits 0 and 1 are always 0, hence why they are trimmed. They have no function. any XOR with them will just give the other bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back