Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with my project - GPS AND GSM\GPRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

shay.sharvit

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
synopsis on gsm and gps project

hi i need help.
i want to transmit GPS coordinates from a device im bulding using sms messages. i researched a bit and if i got it right i know i need gps chip and a gsm\gprs module.

if you could tell me how do i use both them and reccomend me the best gps chip and gsm module for my project.

sorry about my english and thank u very much.

gps and gsm

shay.sharvit said:
if you could tell me how do i use both them and reccomend me the best gps chip and gsm module for my project.
I use the SIMCom SIM340 GSM Module and the Leadtek LR9548S GPS module. You'll also need a microcontroller (or PC) to tie it all together. If you search the forum you find plenty of posts that describe how to communicte with them. The GSM radio uses 'AT' commands, and the GPS module outputs NMEA data.

hi thank u veryy much for the reply. i have two questions -can you maybe think of cheaper gps module? and whats the price for the sim 340?

Re: gps and gsm

I use the SIMCom SIM340 GSM Module and the Leadtek LR9548S GPS module. You'll also need a microcontroller (or PC) to tie it all together. If you search the forum you find plenty of posts that describe how to communicte with them. The GSM radio uses 'AT' commands, and the GPS module outputs NMEA data.

Hi GSM Man!

Do you know if the SIM340 GSM Module supports SPI interface? And if yes, do I also control the module with AT commands fed on the SPI lines? I'm not sure how to do it this way since I usually communicate with GSM using UART. I actually plan to control multiple GSM modules using one UART by treating the modules as slaves. I know I can configure the UART as SPI, but I don't know how I can configure the GSM module as slaves for this protocol. THanks a lot!

I m using gps lr9122 with pic 18f452 but i can not see any data transfer
(not on PC neither on scope) :(

Is there any starting configuration of this gps module

My connections are:--

1) My Antenna is connected to the 5V power supply (PIN 1)
2) GPS is being provided with 5V power supply (PIN 2)
3) GND provided (PIN 18
4) GPS TX output (PIN 11) is connected to the RX pin of the PIC18F452 microcontroller

My connection configurations are:-

1) Baud rate : - 4800
2) Start bits : - 1
3) Data bits :- 8
4) Parity bits :- None
5) Stop Bits :- 1

plz help me .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor