Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with my college project (RFID Chips)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chemo84

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rfid college projects

Hi,

I'm trying to design a system that once a Soccer ball has crossed the goal line it signals an alarm.

My idea is to fit a few chips into a ball and once all these chips have passed a sensor in the goal post an alarm sounds.

There are similar ideas being tested at the moment. These are using RFID chips.

I'm trying to rig up a demonstration of my idea but I'm having some problems.

I'm not an electronics student, I'm a Eng. Design student so I don't know if this project is beyond me.

Could anybody help or point me in the right dirrection?

what is a proprietary rf chip?

U can use RFID reader for ur project,
u need to stick RFID passive tag inside the ball and mount the reader on the goal line,
when the ball crossing the goal line ,reader will sense the ball and after sensing it will trigger the alarm.

rfid projects in colleges

Hi chemo84

Typical reader distance for standard RFID chips ( ISO 15693, ISO 18000 is in preparation ) is about 50cm with a very good antenna. Reliable reader distance is about 30cm; your ball should fly very low!
Typical reader response time is some 20msec, your ball should not fly too fast!

Maybe you could find a vendor for a proprietary high speed RFID chip, I think this would solve your requirements better!.

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back