Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] help with mango pi development board

Status
Not open for further replies.

standarrius

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
recently i brought the mango pi development board and followed the instructions given in the manual to install the drivers and the software for programming
but i am not getting the part where they told to move the dip switch to on position(programming mode)
is there any specific combination to put the board into programming mode? because the programmer is not detecting the pic
please if anyone has mango pi help me. :bang:

Hi,

Never seen that board before, but reading its manual you should move all those dip switches to the right ON position as shown in Fig 2.

What positions have you used ?

i have tried moving all the switches to on position but then the picpgm programmer simply stops responding
i also tried different combinations but nothing seems to work

Hi,

I have not seen the circuit diagram for that board but knowing the pic16f877a chip I think the switch will be intended to switch all four lines at once, cannot see any purpose in switching them in other combinations.

? you say Picpgm stops responding if you move the to the On position.
What then is working /can you do with the switches in the Off position ?

Would assume the chip supplied has a test program burnt on to it so you can demo the board out of the box.
If so can you do that ok and does it run in just one switch position ie On or Off.

no there is no test program burnt on the chip
also for every other switch combination other than all 4 switches on, the leds on board simply flash a couple of times and thats it......i have tried all 16 combinations it doesnt stop on other 15 combinations but once all switches are in on position then the program stops working
the auto detect feature also didn't work i also tried it with command prompt but it also stops at line "auto detecting pic.."

Status
Not open for further replies.