Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with led bar drivers!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PicsOne

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. I need to drive five led bars, that have 20 led each. I think to do use latches for multiplex the 5 bar, and latch to store the level for each bar(0~20). Any ideas to drive (digitally, not analog with 1496 series)this quantity of leds with a minimun of lines?
PicsOne

Hi,

Are the LEDs bar-graphs all in series (numbered 1 to 100) ? or are they 5 separate bars of 1 to 20 each ?

For a 1 to 100 configuration, do you need a bar (multiple LEDs lit at a time) or dot (single LED lit at a time) type indication ?

Regards,
Smokey

Thanks for reply smokey. I have 5 led bar. Each have 20 individual leds (kingbright DC20). In the project I need to drive this 5 led bars as VUmeter, but no for analog signal. I will need to drive this 5 bar with pic micro. My question is what is the best solution for that, utilizing a minimun of pins in pic micro. I think to do this with latchs ic (74hc373) but a high number for this latch I need. Sorry for my english
PicsOne

Look at the Maxim drivers.

MAX6950 - MAX6959

These are newer versions of the MAX7219 types. Excellent, and easy to use. Not too much money either.

-pana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back