Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with laser diode circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

milan.rajik

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is not related to laser but to laser diode driving circuit.

This page contains a LM317 based Laser diode driving circuit.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/dvd-burner-laser-pinout-question.121946/

The input V to LM317 is 7.2V and hence I cannot use this circuit. I am making a battery operated Laser device. My Laser diode V rating is 2.2V and I can only use a 2.7V 1500 mAh Li-Ion battery used in mobiles. Please tell me how can I modify the LM317 circuit so that it powers the 2.2V Laser diode.

I am trying to make a vibration sensor. There will be a laser diode and a laser photo detector. Laser light will be falling on detector. The laser diode will me mounted in such a way that it can oscillate lake a fan when there is a motion. When this happens light will be interrupted to detector and this is used for sensing. I am making a optical vibration sensor. I can't use other types (mechanical contact) vibration sensors. I am using 1 mW laser diode.

Use a shunt register in the feedback loop to turn it into a constant current source.

A circuit would be helpful. Sorry, I mentioned bat V as 2.7V. It is 3.7V 1500 mAh. My system is battery powered. The laser diode will be mounted on a spring. Wen there is vibration the diode will vibrate and light falling on detector will interrupt and this triggers the INTx pin of PIC32MX.

Just a resistor, a 10 mfd 6.3V and a 1N4007 all in parallel to to diode ? A resistor to drop 3.7V to 2.2V ?

Status
Not open for further replies.