Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with IR Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

janosandi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a small Remote control unit Which i need to use the transmitter & make a receiver for it
its only one button transmitter
would you plz advice me to where to start
Thx Guys

Hi,you can used infared reciever sensor then connect the output to a monostable circute using NE555, make sure you power the sensor with 5volts, then used your output at pin 3 .

At first u have to check on which frequency u r working upon.like say you ir signals a frequency of 38khz then u can have a special sensor,t-sop 1738 that will sense only the provided signal on the receiver part.

connect your timmer IC NE555 output 3 no. pin of monostable configuration to ir led in the transmitter part.like wise to hold your input from the t-sop in the receciver,with purpose of ur makin,you can use JK or D flip flop as memory.

shashir

Hello

I've found ready made circuit with pic 12c509 Which it record the button click of any remote control then use this button to control one ouput
anyone have an idea of this ?
ur help will be appriciated

janosandi said:
Hello I've found ready made circuit with pic 12c509 Which it record the button click of any remote control then use this button to control one ouput. anyone have an idea of this ? ur help will be appriciated
The idea is as simple as you got it. Just get the code from the TX, and decode it and switch a relay. Rest of the complication lies in the 12C509 which is a microcontroller and code written and programmed in it. Except you get the code, no one can explain in detail about what exactly is done by your circuit.
And as you tell, the receiver cannot respond to ANY remotes REC button. Because there are quite many ways to encode the remote transmitters which again lies in the source code. The receiver will respond to only a particular types of remote handset for which it is specifically programmed.

Thx But i need a program like this to program the pic if u have an idea when i can get it

Hi janosandi,

First you can recode the bit pattern emitted by your transmitter.(You have to have/built IR receiver unit that can store bit pattern in a memory)

Next use that bit-pattern to compare with any received IR signal; if same pattern is found generate an output signal. For these tasks you can build IR receiver with a PIC.

read IR tutorials in http://www.winpicprog.co.uk/pic_tutorial.htm

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.