Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

halimaw

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello...
please teach me how to interface a parallel or a serial port..
I wish to do a RC controlled car using visual basic but i dont have idea how to communicate with the computer ports..
and i want to ask could i communicate with usb port using visual basic 6?
or could i use a usb adapter parallel port to controll the rc car?
im just a newbie in the programming and our teacher gives us this project...
please help...

please share your knowledge here thnx

i think you will better to use serial port..
you need to learn microcontroller..PIC16F877A most famous uC..
it have UART module that gonna let u do serial communication..
did u have any basic in uC?
what programming language u want to use?
for beginner i would like to suggest BASIC..
visit this link..

thelocxresearch.tk

I use visual basic 6 sir..

Have a look here for pc side rs232/serial **broken link removed**

if you are working on a radio controlled car why not talk to it directly using WiFi ? all modern laptops are equiped with WiFi. The car could be equipend with a microcontroller with a WiFi interface and you could write a VB program to send TCP or UDP packets to the car. Are you also going to write the code for the car or is someone else doing that?

uhm..
what i plan when i click the up arrow down, left or right in the key board one of the pins will go in high state and supply a voltage in the base of my npn transistor connected to one of the control in the remote of the rc car

mm...another question could i output in serial using vb6 a 4bits binary that will decode a hexadecimal number then show it to my seven segment??
tnx for your help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back