Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with HFSS: Coaxial Probe Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortarman

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have simulated an coaxial-probe-fed antenna using specifications of 2.92mm air-insulator coaxial jack.

I am trying to simulate the same antenna using specifications of a SMA teflon-insulator coaxial jack.

I was wondering if i have done it correctly - especially when defining the insulator part? Because the results that came out was gibberish.

Thanks!

use and compare (it gives 50 Ω But teflon has no bulk conductivity!!!) As a probe u can not use it u have to use it as dielectric around probe)

**broken link removed**

Originally the probe is using pec as its material.

I thought i was changing the dielectric material around the probe all along. So all i have to is change the vacuum dielectric to teflon...

Thanks zirtapoz!

and also check for impedance with teflon (your dimensions were for air or vacum Er=1)

You wellcome.

mortarman

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
yup, i used the weblink you provided me. my new configuration was about 50ohms.

Thanks again! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back