Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with filter and MWO

Status
Not open for further replies.

hussard11

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,
I have a problem it is basic I know that but I'm not use at all at MWO, so I thought you could help me.
I have to simulate a LC filter in mwo and see the effects of the variation of the values of L and C on the behaviour of the insertion loss.
But all my plot failed and I don't know which kind of values are acceptable.
So, can someone please help me to solve that problem.

Thx a lot.

Hi.

MWO has lots of good example files.

For your LPF, open the file

examples/circuit_features/optimization/LPF_lumped

then just vary the circuit as required.

You can use the Filter Synthesis Wizard to design a filter (Project/Wizards/ Filter Synthesis Wizard) and chouse “Include Optimization Goal”.
Do an optimization for lowest insertion loss and required rejection.
Using the tuner tune each component value and check its influence on insertion loss (or rejection).

Hello hussard11,

Find attached is step-by-step tutorial on design & simulating coupled microstrip line BPF using MWO...
Similarly u can use MWO for Lumped element filters analysis...

Also MWO has Filter synthesis wizard, which generates Filter schematics for different implementations...and it has optional Nuhertz Filter synthesis tool integrated, which gives almost ready to use filter designs from specs...

---manju---

Status
Not open for further replies.