Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with an university interview for MA in Microwave

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayhz2002

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need an advice please

I will be doing an interview with two professors (phone interview) at university in germany. I applied to their master program in microwave engineering and they told me they will call me and interview me for 20-30 minutes by asking questions about mathematics and selected topics in electrical engineering. They did not mention about what topics in specific.
I would like to ask you if you can predict what they may ask about. I don't like to fail the interview. Also reviewing 4-5 years of my studies is not easy in three days.

Anybody did such interview before?

Any suggestions?

thanks
ayhz2002

I think you should mainly review the topics mentioned in your resume.

further questions

They will probably ask you questions with no right answers to see how your thinking and problem solving skills work. Do not become flustered if you get such questions.

flatulent, can you give an example?

I think for some questions, do not hesitate to show that u have very creative thinking style. try to show them that u are creative, agressive and ambitious.

suppose they ask me something and I forgot the answer to it or I don't know it. What will be the best way to answer? say I forgot or I have to review my notes or what?
Do you think that their questions will be concentrated in the microwave engineering area or they will be general questions?
What about the math? I took alot of math, but which one to review.

more ideas

If you have forgot, tell them about when you learned it and what book you would examine to find the answer. Then try to derive the answer from basic principles.

The question I had in mind is a type which has many answeres which are different tradeoffs. One example would be what wire size to use. You would then have to discuss voltge drop, cost, physical limits of the routing area, flicker of lights on the same circuit, and legal requirements.

Another example would be what transmitter power, antenna gain, antenna tower height, and line attenuation should be used in a given situation.

Another example would be a circuit that cannot be seen inside a container with two external terminals. Certain measurements show certain results. What is the circuit part values and wiring?

Re: I need an advice please

must see all those maxwell eqns

:!: :idea: :?:

ayhz2002 said:
I will be doing an interview with two professors (phone interview) at university in germany. I applied to their master program in microwave engineering and they told me they will call me and interview me for 20-30 minutes by asking questions about mathematics and selected topics in electrical engineering. They did not mention about what topics in specific.
I would like to ask you if you can predict what they may ask about. I don't like to fail the interview. Also reviewing 4-5 years of my studies is not easy in three days.

Anybody did such interview before?

Any suggestions?

thanks
ayhz2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back