Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with a homemade wave generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

txindoki

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
homemade signal generator

Hello guys, this is my first post and I ask it here because all projects of signal/wave generators I have seen use the XR2206 or MAX038, the second one is discontinued and the other have not the frecuency range that I´m looking for.

MAX038 is not easy to find and its not very cheap so I want to know if someone have a homemade generator with at least 20 Mhz of bandwidth, sine/square/triangle waveforms, DC offset and adjustable amplitude.
What ic can I use to do it?

I suppose that attach a frequency meter is so easy and I can do it in other board.

All projects I have seen have different features but not all the things that I need together.

Someone have a completed design of signal generator with PCB? If not, with the schematics I can route the board.

Thank you for read my bad English.

easy wave generators

txindoki said:
Hello guys, this is my first post and I ask it here because all projects of signal/wave generators I have seen use the XR2206 or MAX038, the second one is discontinued and the other have not the frecuency range that I´m looking for.

MAX038 is not easy to find and its not very cheap so I want to know if someone have a homemade generator with at least 20 Mhz of bandwidth, sine/square/triangle waveforms, DC offset and adjustable amplitude.
What ic can I use to do it?

I suppose that attach a frequency meter is so easy and I can do it in other board.

All projects I have seen have different features but not all the things that I need together.

Someone have a completed design of signal generator with PCB? If not, with the schematics I can route the board.

Thank you for read my bad English.

Several years back I made one with the XR2206 and still works nicely.
I'll see if I can locate the circuit diagram, but no promises.

homemade generator

the only problem with the XR2206 is the maximum frequency of only 1Mhz, with the MAX038 you can reach 20 MHZ.

i´ve been looking for a substitute but there is no projects with other ICs, all of them uses the max038 and the xr2206, anyone have a good homemade signal generator with other IC?

rf signal generator home made

try with AD98xx DDS chips, digikey or farnell should have them..

homemade pc frequency generator

Look at
**broken link removed**

diy function generator using the ad9833

Hello

I'm trying a new chip for waveform generator. It's called AD9833. You can program hit output frequency and a lot of other stuff.

Have a nice day

sine square triangle generator diy

You have to compile the code (ASM-Code) using avrstudio (www.atmel.com). After program the microcontroller (there is several free diy avr programmer) and made the hardware like the scheme. Run the PC program and start to use it. The http page referred in my previous message seem complete for how to made it...
The job you ask me is already done...

runblade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back