Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with 2-wire TX-line simulation in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

toannguyen

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there, How are you doing?

My apology if I have asked too many questions.

I'm having some trouble simulating a 2-wire transmission line in HFSS. I hope you can help me.

My design is pretty simple. 2 wire and load impedance is a rectangular wire of copper in the air. Using transmission line theory, I calculated that Zo is equal to roughly 358 ohm. Thus, I assigned Zg of the Lumped port in HFSS to match that.

Using transmission line theory from Pozar book, I calculated my S11 = reflection coefficient values in MATLAB.

The result I got from MATLAB is a lot different from HFSS.

I have verified my code to calculate Zo, gamma with the book problems as well as the online Tx-line calculator. In HFSS I made sure to matched Zg = Zo. However, the results are still different.

Did I miss any particular setup from HFSS which causes this error?

Thank you

Please give more information about the load. Is it an antenna? How did you determine the impedance.

My apology for not providing full detail.

My goal is just to simulate a simple 2-wire Tx-line problem in the book. The load is a rectangular copper wire. I use formulas from this website (https://www.emisoftware.com/calculator/resistance-rectangular-wire/) to calculate its impedance. The result is pretty small, around 7 ohm.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.