[Help] Voltage measurement of Multiband Rectenna in CST ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kela3kela

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed a Multiband rectenna [antenna+low pass filter+rectifier] in CST MWS and now I want to measure the output DC voltage produced alongwith its efficiency. Can anyone guide in how to do so? Where should i place the load??
I mean which place and element [option] should I use to measure the relevant output Voltage by the rectenna in CST...I found some Voltage/Current monitors but don't know how to introduce them into the circuit.

Some rectenna designs I re-simulated but still don;t know how to measure the voltage.
Paper attached.

Kindly help;
Regards

Attachments

• mahendra_pal.pdf
    467.3 KB · Views: 148

Hi
For your application select a discrete port and add it to the I/O-pick edges etc. add discrete port and select type Voltage. Voltage monitor follows a path similar to the discrete port but slightly different from A to B i.e. middle of your inputs/outputs draw a line named VM or someting and then add a monitor. When prompted select VM from your curves adn press enter. The difference is a bit more complicated and results could be influenced by the antenna factors frequency material etc. Usually voltage monitors are used to see the surface volatges on a conductive surface in between two points depicted by a straigth line or a analitical curve. The difference in potential is calculated by following this line

Hope this makes sense and helps you out-probably didnt explain it proper
Good luck

Thankyou for the reply. At least I learned on how to utilize Voltage omnitros. But what I have understood from your explanation is not what I'm looking for.
I want to know if there is a method to find out the output DC voltage produced by rectenna design (rectifier +antenna),as mentioned in the paper attached.

Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…