Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help: VCO range 200M-1000MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

safei

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
uv915 tuner pins

how to design a vco with the range from 200M-1000MHz?
i remember that the max freq of vco can only be 2 times the min. how can i design a vco with such wide range?
how anyone provide necessary design guide?

thanks in advance

tuner vco

hi

You can't do that on a single VCO the frequency you are asking for is too wide.

You can use several VCO with pin diode switching to select several band.

You can use a TV tuner VCO range of range of 54 ~ 860 MHz.

All the best

Bobi

vco range?

hi,bobcat1
Can you explain it deeply? What is pin diodes? What is TV tuner VCO?

Thanks

uv915

A TV tuner is a sensitive RF receiver covering 48Mhz to 900Mhz (or more) in three (or four ) domains called VHF1, VHF3, UHF (and SAT). For every sub-band there is implemented an oscillator and a common PLL. That's why on some tuners (not all!) you have access to the syntesised frequency inside.

Take a look here for tuner basics:
https://hem.passagen.se/communication/tuner.html

and here for a VCO made from an UV915 tuner:
https://hem.passagen.se/communication/uv916rec.html

best wishes,

vco 200m

The Bandwidth can be achieved but first you have select a device which can operate at this frequency.

1. Choose the device which is unstable in a large frequency band include your band or interest or Make it unstable using various techniques in you band of interest.

2. Check for Negative resistance it can provide in your band. It should provide negative resistance in your bandwidth. This will show you that Is your device can provide you the negative resistance over the required band.

3. Make a Resonator (LC) and Capacitance can be utilized with the varactor diode so that you can vary the frequency of oscillation.

If you have any questions
ask me
satish.19792k3@gmail.com

basics of tuner vco

You can make 1.2GHz-2GHz VCO and use downconverter to get it.

vco range

you can see the paper as followers
A 200-Mbps 2-Gbps Continuous-Rate
Clock-and-Data-Recovery Circuit
Rong-Jyi Yang, Student Member, IEEE, Kuan-Hua Chao, and Shen-Iuan Liu, Senior Member, IEEE
IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS—I: REGULAR PAPERS, VOL. 53, NO. 4, APRIL 2006

vco in tv tuners

Thanks for all your support.

I'd like to directly realize this vco in cmos technology, could it be possible?

Your help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back