Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help to study im Malaysia

Status
Not open for further replies.

matelda

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
www.utm.edu.my

hi friends :
i finish study communication eng this year , and i hopt to complete specialization in Malaysia.
so any one have infromation about good university there please inform me
best regards
matelda

study master in malaysia

I was actually looking for the same kinda info
I heard the islamic university there is wonderful
and UTP too
but I can't get more info
anyone here to help ?

studying master in malaysia

Hi Matelda and Ahmed Ragab,

In Malaysia, there are quite a few Universities that in active in research. For engineering course, you can look for

1) Multimedia University, Kuala Lumpur. www.mmu.edu.my
2) International Islamic University, Kuala Lumpur. www.uia.edu.my
3) University Technology Malaysia, Johor. www.utm.edu.my
4) University Science malaysia. www.usm.edu.my
5) University Putra Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. www.upm.edu.my
6) University Malaya, Kuala Lumpur.

MMU, UTM and USM are the most active research university in Malaysia. MMU is located in cyberjaya and its quite far from KL town. But the facilities is excellent. USM is located in Penang (Multimedia Supercorridor State). You can get a lot of exposure in Penang since a lot of giant company such as Motorola, INTEL, AMD and etc are located here. It's all up to you

studying and working in malaysia

UTM is the best Engineering Public Univ with low education fee.

INTEL, MOTOROLA, SONY, PANASONIC, ALTERA, AGILENT, INFINEON company recuit so many UTM graduate students every year. You will be get employed before you finish your study. And, UTM Engineering student always win most of the research project in the competition and represent Malaysia to participate international competition. The USM still lacking of R&D skill. Please check the details of R&D work between USM and UTM.

Besides, USM only offer Master degree in Science (Engineering). But UTM offer Master degree in Eletrical and Electronic Engineering. The different of name sure have its own meaning. Check it out.

For private University, MMU is the best choice.

universities im malysia

heard the islamic university there is wonderful
and UTP too
but I can't get more info
anyone here to help ?

i want to study in malaysia

what u want 2 study pricecly?
what information do u like?

i want to know about the universities in malaysia

Well I was mainly asking about universities that allow me to study in the field of electronics, mainly mixed signalling designs.

I wanted to ask if all those universities offer any PhD. scholarships to international students, as in USA or Canada.

What are the standards of living for a married person in Malaysia?! How much does it cost to rent a flat there ? transportation ? food and clothing ?

I'm from Egypt and looking forward to obtain my Phd. degree, so I'm waiting for your replies.

most expensive private universities in malaysia

hi:
thanks for all .
this is very important information for me, but anybody have information about fee
for study in malaysia in us $ .plz
best regards
matelda

master study in malaysia

In Malaysia, studying in public universities is not that expensive. For Phd degree the fees is approximately 12000RM (~ 3200USD) per year. But sometimes it differs for other universities. Of course private universities is more expensive...X2. You should be able to get accomodation around RM700 (185USD) per month. this is usually for medium apartment (not so low cost but not so exclusive). Getting a Flat should be cheaper than this.

www.uia.edu.my

Hi. i'm a Biomedical Engineering student in UM. i've read all your post and recommend that u should apply for UTM if you want to specialize in engineering course. I think u will be more comfortable there compare with other university in Malaysia.

For married student i think the university will provide a special accomodation for your family. I don't know the average fees among all the university in Malaysia but i'm sure so far UM is the most expensive among the goverment funded university. For private university i heard they offer quite a interesting course but unfortunately i don't know their fees.

phd study in malaysia

Hi guys ..

I live and work in Malaysia .. Effectively I do live in the Multimedia University Cyberia SmartHomes in Cyberjaya. Cyberjaya is known to be the Malaysian Silicon Valley.

The cost of living as a married person here is not low .. it's definetly less than the US .. but it's expensive compared to the middle east for example, like Egypt ..

I live in a good apartement for 1400 RM (divide by 3.8 to get the U$) .. the apartement is fully firnished .. transportation (for a family) is like 200 RM per month if you go to KL weekly .. by the way KL is like half an hour car drive on those perfect highways .. so, people consider cyberjaya close to KL ..

About the Universities .. they are fully equiped with almost everything u think of .. but it depends on the student as I heard .. if you have the dicipline, it will work .. if not .. nobody cares .. and you won't get much knowledge ..

As I live almost inside Multimedia University in Cyberjaya .. I can say that it's really good looking university with all the facilities .. but I had the chance to talk to a girl who had her masters from there .. she was indian and she came to my company to make a presentation of her masters .. SHE WAS SOOO WEAK .. I shouldn't conclude much out of one case, but this level can't go for masters ever .. not even receive master ..

the good reputation universities are : UPM and UTM .. UPM is really huge .. if someone had the chance to see Stanford, UPM might be of almost the same size .. really huge .. a complete city .. and they get huge funds for research .. but I was talking to a guy from there and he told me they don't offer scholarships for PhD .. so, I might conclude that you will pay if u want to join ..

About the Islamic University .. some say it's good .. some say it's not good enough .. doesn't know exactly .. just saw the campus once .. it looks prestigues .. actually everything here looks prestigues :) but we have to search for what's behind ..

the best thing about getting ur PhD from Malaysia is the higher propability of getting some job offers in Malaysia .. all big names are here .. Intel AMD Motorola IBM Ericcsson .. etc. and there are at least 3 fabrication houses for IC's .. I know MIMOS, 1st Silicon and Siltera .. so the land is really promissing ..

Yet, if u already compare the education in Malaysia to the US .. and u already have a chance to have a PhD in the US .. then go for the US .. simply because US is the standard education until this moment ..

P.S. I heard the MIT has a branch here in Malaysia .. dunno anything more about that .. but the guy who told me is a CEO of a design company ..

wish u the best education ..

wastewater postgraduate study in egypt

if after graduate can come to flextronics manufacturing factory fine jobs................

how much study in malaysia

tell me if you got one

best university to study masters : malaysia

masih said:
tell me if you got one

Flextronics had a job fair in Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia last week and they had some vacancies .. so, I guess if someone wants to work for them he has to apply these days because they are indeed hiring as they made this job fair ..

Also Intel is hiring by the way .. and they were in the same job fair ..

iranian students in utm university malaysia

Hi I am from Malaysia as well and currently I am doing PhD in UK. If will strongly advice you to further your studies in MMU if you are going for communication engineering studies.

www.utm.postgraduate.my/fees

If you want to work in a muslim country and yet get good analog design education I think the best is in Iran, those guys are really good, but usually they teach in Arabic. University of Tehran and Sharif University of Technology is quite good.
If you want to get cheap but good Analog education elsewhere Canada is a good country to go. University of Toronto, Ottawa/Carlton are very good and value for money, of course it is also very very hard to get into those places.
As far as I know there is really no solid Analog course in malaysian universities maybe you can try UPM now there is a professor there from India, Prof. Jamuar but I don't now how long more he will be there. You should check out the professors who are good in the university instead of the university themselves because most universities in malaysia have at most 1 or 2 lecturer teaching analog and they are from PhD background not professor.
Whatever it is, there are so few analog design companies in Malaysia I am just wondering why you want to study that here most likely after you graduate you will still end up in a digital company

www.utm.edu/my

kytan said:
If you want to work in a ------ country and yet get good analog design education I think the best is in Iran, those guys are really good, but usually they teach in Arabic. University of Tehran and Sharif University of Technology is quite good.
If you want to get cheap but good Analog education elsewhere Canada is a good country to go. University of Toronto, Ottawa/Carlton are very good and value for money, of course it is also very very hard to get into those places.
As far as I know there is really no solid Analog course in malaysian universities maybe you can try UPM now there is a professor there from India, Prof. Jamuar but I don't now how long more he will be there. You should check out the professors who are good in the university instead of the university themselves because most universities in malaysia have at most 1 or 2 lecturer teaching analog and they are from PhD background not professor.
Whatever it is, there are so few analog design companies in Malaysia I am just wondering why you want to study that here most likely after you graduate you will still end up in a digital company

Do they teach in ARABIC in IRAN !!!!! .. this is really strange ! .. they don't speak arabic, and neither it's considered a technical language to use it in academia !

it's true that if you want to work in analog, then malaysia is not that wide market for u .. majority of companies here are digital-based design companies .. yet, I encountered couple of companies that work in analog .. as part of their overall product .. and these companies are international companies ..

30 top most universities in malasia

I want to study Tourism for my PHD.Is there any field for PHD in this field ? IF yes,how can I find information about it?

study in malaysia now

I want to study Tourism for my PHD.Is there any field for PHD ? IF yes,how can I find information about it?

best engineering universities in malaysia

Please refer to the UTM website ;) good luck
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.