Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help to Run the stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulsingam

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I bought a 6 wire stepper motor. it has RED-RED-BLACK-BROWN-ORANGE-YELLOW wires. i connect both red on +5v. other 4 on ULN2003. now, in which order should i supply pulse to make it run on one direction? i use embedded C in pic controller. i tried in different order but it oscillates never run in one direction.

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

Here is the sequence
and again 1000
loop it...

I tried this. but its not working as such.
its running forward when
0100 is looped.
its running reverse when
0001 is looped

its oscillates clockwise and anticlockwise in 2 steps when
0001 is looped.

is this really stepper motor or the shop guy cheated me? if stepper motor, y does it runs this way? what the solution for this?

You will need to identify the specific windings in order to determine the correct sequence. Is there a manufacturer name on the case? May I suggest googling "stepper motor cable color code {manufacturer}"?

Here is a good description of **broken link removed** If you look and follow other links on the page, this reference also tells how to identify the coils and their associated color-coded wires.

dj

Here is the sequence
and again 1000
Look sharp! The sequence should power alternatingly the upper and lower winding pair. So the correct sequence is
e.g.
1000 (ye)
0010 (bn)
0100 (or)
0001 (bk)

or

1000 (ye)
0001 (bk)
0100 (or)
0010 (bn)

@djsfantasi-> behind the motor, its specified as FDK J58A832T.

@All -> Kindly see picture and tell, is that really stepper motor? or any other motor?

behind the motor, its specified as FDK J58A832T. @All -> Kindly see picture and tell, is that really stepper motor? or any other motor?
Yes it is 7.5 Degree per step Unipolar stepper motor from FDK but the model is obsolete now and not manufactured anymore. The two red wires (One from top coil and one from the bottom coil) are common and rest wires are as sequence as mentioned by "Fvm". The datasheet is not available.

Finally worked. :smile:

@FVM-> Thanks a lot. ur second sequence worked
@Pranam-> Thanks for info,...
@all -> Thanks for finally making it work.

Finally worked. :smile:mad:all -> Thanks for finally making it work.
Congrats on your sucess. But it'll be still great if you can share your project for the benefit of all the members.

Congrats on your sucess. But it'll be still great if you can share your project for the benefit of all the members.

its not a big project. just trying my first project. so, doing automatic railway gate controller. thats all :)

its not a big project. just trying my first project. so, doing automatic railway gate controller. thats all :)
May be its a small project but there are ample members who ask questions like the one you asked..Just to run a stepper motor. Hope your reply will help such members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back