Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help to find a really-low-power bluetooth module

Status
Not open for further replies.

acobo

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
low power bluetooth module

Hello to all,
I am looking for a bluetooth module with uart interface (only serial port profile needed) for wireless data transfer between two microcontrollers.
But I have the requirement that the power consumption must be very low, less than 1.0mA, in standby mode, that is, in a connectable/discoverable mode (page/inquiry scan).
All the products claim to be "low power", but after reading the small print of dozens of dataheets, I haven't found anyone; the current in page/inquiry scan mode combined with sleep is always of some mA.
Only the single-chip solution STLC2500 from ST seems to have a lower power consumption (0.4mA), but I haven't found any complete module with this chip (although the STLC2500 need only a few extra components, I'm not able to solder BGA I.Cs.).
Does anyone knows any other low power bluetooth module? Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Adolfo.

bluetooth low power module

Acobo, can you post their datasheets to allow us to compare and check what you've seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back