Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help to choose development tool for ti

Status
Not open for further replies.

seyyah

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I couldn't determine which dsp development kit to buy for ti c2000 series. Are there one kit for all dsps in this series or different kits? e.g can the same kit emulate C24x and C28x dsps? Can they also program the chips? Are parallel port versions compatible with WinXP? or must i choose usb version (paying 400$ more). Is XDS510PP suitable for me? Or are there any other choices?

Anyone doesn't know?

Seyyah,

>Are there one kit for all dsps in this series or different kits? e.g can the same kit emulate C24x and C28x dsps?
The Code Composer Studio SDK supports both 'C28xx and 'C24xx families. You only need to install the proper drivers.

>Can they also program the chips?
Yes, they can. See the SPRA958B application report.

>Are parallel port versions compatible with WinXP? or must i choose usb version (paying 400$ more).
The quote from CCS quick start says that supported Operating Systems are
· Windows98
· WindowsNT 4.0 Service Pack 4 or higher
· Windows2000 Service Pack 1
Ask TI guys for more detail.

>Is XDS510PP suitable for me?
Yes, it is. Or SPI515.

>Or are there any other choices?
Not sure. Try to find on the Net. Let me know if you find something.

Regards,
George

Status
Not open for further replies.