Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

**Help to choose ARM9 series.....**

Status
Not open for further replies.

sivasujith

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lpc3250 comparable

Hi all ,

I m now working with ARM7TDMI, to b clr am using lpc213x series controllers.... I m eager to switch over to ARM9 series..

Can you suggest any good chip vendors, to compare and choose a better one.... the application is pretty open.. no specs....

what about ST....ATMEL.... NXP or something else.... please suggest me a way to proceed......

looking forward towards ur reply.......

Regards,

Sujith..

sivasujith(at)pantechsolutions.co.in

hi

there are many type of ARM9 chips

Selecting the right chip - depend on the type of application? and a lot on the designer experience

Tell me about your application and embedded developing experience and I might help you a bit further

All the best

Bobi

If you are looking for an ARM9 that offers more performance than your LPC213x, you do not want to use the STR9 because the performance gain is minimal if any at all.
Look at AT91SAM926x from Atmel, or the LPC3250 from NXP or if you want to have some Flash on-chip, check out the SAM9XE512 with 512K Flash running at 200 MHz
Just a few devices for Google-food
Bob

bobcat1 said:
hi

there are many type of ARM9 chips

Selecting the right chip - depend on the type of application? and a lot on the designer experience

Tell me about your application and embedded developing experience and I might help you a bit further

All the best

Bobi

the application is to interface and have a study on the series first of all.... but i need your help to discuss about the manufacturers....

it would be good if i have internal flash memory...... can you ppl discuss about ST

only few chips on sam9 series ???

Hi

Using Embedded flash with ARM9 processor - only STR9 family from ST will slow down the process mostly limit it to 80MHz (max 80 mips)

Using this method you will lose a lot of performance using the ARM9 family

Most ARM9 core are processor who use external flash for holding the program and on reset moving and executing the code from the SD ram

Only renesas has a 32bit processor who can run up to 400 mips from flash memory - it is not an ARM9

All the best

Bobi

bobcat1 said:
Hi

Using Embedded flash with ARM9 processor - only STR9 family from ST will slow down the process mostly limit it to 80MHz (max 80 mips)

Using this method you will lose a lot of performance using the ARM9 family

Most ARM9 core are processor who use external flash for holding the program and on reset moving and executing the code from the SD ram

Only renesas has a 32bit processor who can run up to 400 mips from flash memory - it is not an ARM9

All the best

Bobi

Hi again,

But ST doesn support Porting of WinCE.... And i cant use any BGA package. So how shall I proceed now.......

Cheap, fast, 288 pins TQFD package from Atmel might be ok???????

Comments again Bobi.....

Regards,

Suji

Added after 1 minutes:

and any links to study about the porting of wince.... in arm9..... help needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.