Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help: Timing Circuit with this Output

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenjoy

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need a timing circuit with the said output below. You may say this is an ordinary monostable circuit. But this is probably not, the circuit will only change its output after a certain period of time after the user triggers the circuit.

Another difference is that the output is dependent on the users trigger, after the trigger is released (OFF), the ouput immediately follows.

Circuit timing diagram is attached below.

75_1160365057.JPG

PS.

Let us avoid relays in this design. Time delay is adjusted by an RC, so I think 555 is still applicable.

Thanks.

I don't see any attachment. ;)

Just guessing - maybe a one-shot followed by a flip-flop or another one-shot.

Sorry, I think edaboard has problems right now, btw, just attached the file again and posted the pic.

Thanks.

If you intend to use 555 you will need to invert the input signal to trigger the 555 timer ..
Other options include the CD4528 and triggering can occur from either the rising or falling edge of an input pulse ..
So, take the input signal to a timer and connect the output of timer and the input signal to XOR gate .. the output of this XOR gate is the signal you are after ..

Regards,
IanP

glenjoy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You can use 555 as monostable
use pin 2 as trigger
555 designer attached.

good luck

16F676 said:
You can use 555 as monostable
use pin 2 as trigger
555 designer attached.

good luck

Did you read my post regarding the design? Or you are just posting to increase points?

Added after 2 minutes:

glenjoy said:
I need a timing circuit with the said output below. You may say this is an ordinary monostable circuit. But this is probably not, the circuit will only change its output after a certain period of time after the user triggers the circuit.

Another difference is that the output is dependent on the users trigger, after the trigger is released (OFF), the ouput immediately follows.

Circuit timing diagram is attached below.

75_1160365057.JPG

PS.

Let us avoid relays in this design. Time delay is adjusted by an RC, so I think 555 is still applicable.

Thanks.

Jus asking if 555 is still applicable with very minimal components, else I will just use a micro, but I think overkill for the design and no more RC based time delay adjustments.

Added after 2 minutes:

IanP said:
If you intend to use 555 you will need to invert the input signal to trigger the 555 timer ..
Other options include the CD4528 and triggering can occur from either the rising or falling edge of an input pulse ..
So, take the input signal to a timer and connect the output of timer and the input signal to XOR gate .. the output of this XOR gate is the signal you are after ..

Regards,
IanP

Inversion of the input will not pose a problem as long as the ouput goes inverted with it also, and of course the said pattern (even inverted) will still be followed.

Thanks.

Glenjoy

Last edited by a moderator:

hello,

it is very important to know the time delay between input & output, if it around 100,150 ns, then this could be achieved
very easily with the help of 555, and an hexinverter.

Else u got to go for a RC network and a schmittt trigger.

saurav

saurav_sdpl said:
hello,

it is very important to know the time delay between input & output, if it around 100,150 ns, then this could be achieved
very easily with the help of 555, and an hexinverter.

Else u got to go for a RC network and a schmittt trigger.

saurav

I think I will just use a microcontroller for the design, in this way I can minimize the pcb size and the components needed.

Anyway, this will be used for a 3 round burst fire of an autoelectric gun for airsofts, so for those who are playing airsofts here, I'll give you a copy of the design after I finish it.

Thanks.

Glenjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.