Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help! The CST discrete port

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuanzy97

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, everyone. In present, I meet aproblem about the discrete port in CST MWS.
The object is perfect conductor. When I set the discrete port on my model. I use the tool on the toolbar to select the middle points of two edge and then set the port on this two points. The discrete port will be set on the line which link the two points automatically. The port is not in the conductor. I think this method is correct.
But when the procedure start, it show that the discrete port is in perfect conductor and stop the simulation.
What is wrong with my setting? Please give me some advice. Thank you!

hard to tell without a picture, but make sure backgeound material is set to normal, not PEC

Hello,

make sure the discrete port has some distance to the boundary, which
might be PEC.

doug freeman said:
hard to tell without a picture, but make sure backgeound material is set to normal, not PEC

Here is the picture. The LPDA is located in a reverberation room. The LPDA is perfect conductor. I want to simulate the electric field distribution in the room under the different location of the antenna. I just rotate the antenna. On the most location, the simulation can be done. but on some location of antenna, it doesn't work. it shows that the discrete port is located in perfect conductor. I don't uderstand why it doesn't work. Could anybody give me more advice?

you might need a finer mesh in the port area. The PBA method allows materials through the cell, but wires etc. still snap to the cell edge, as in a classical Yee cell. If you increase the mesh around the port area it may solve this problem.

hi!
I had the same problem. you have to make a finer mesh.

Change you material property to another conductors ..copper ..etc.

Good luck.

make sure the discrete port has at least 3 mesh cell to the boundary.

make sure the discrete port has at least 3 mesh cell to the boundary.

What do you mean by 'discrete port has at least 3 mesh cell to the boundary'??

Hi Mohit,

It seems that due to your electrically large structure, you have chosen (maybe automatically) to work not with enough dense meshes. You have to turn on mesh drawing button and then focus on the descrete port location, and then make sure the distance between both sides of your port are at least more than one mesh apart. If not, you have to use denser mesh. You can check it in your mesh properties.

Hadi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back