Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Help] Some problems after importing the EM results into ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFbeginner

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Now I use Sonnet to simulate some lines inside the CMOS power cell, first I save the results as the touchstone (*.SNP) file and then import it into the ADS (with the SN model), but found that the laodline is not modulated by the bais Vgsm and DC in the drain alos changes a lot (from 40 mA to 500 mA), all looks absurd. Who knows why it happens? pls explains something, thanks a lot in advance.

Re: [Help] Some problems after importing the EM results into

Hello RFbeginner,

First thing it is good that you are using Sonnet for EM analysis of your structures...

Based on your post I have couple of questions
Is this a Passive structure? and
are you doing Nonlinear simulations in ADS?

Case1:
If yes for both the queries then you need to export the Broadband spice model from sonnet & import it as a spice netlist then do the Harmonic Balance Nonlinear simulations....
As S-parameters are valid for linear analysis only...

Case 2:
If not then you need to extract the Nonlinear model using other methods to simulate in ADS...

Also since you have Sonnet & ADS why can't you use the ebridge interface
using this you can simulate the ADS layouts in Sonnet & then it generates simulation & symbol models for use with ADS circ uit simulators...

---manju---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back