Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[help]single end mixer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

scuba

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,i have some problem at my project. it's about single end mixer used antiparallel diode on cmos.the diode that i connect drain and gate of FET together and choose the small size.the mixer that i hope it can used as up and downconverter. when i simulate that i find it is easy to saturate cause when i change the IF power from -40 to -20dBm ,my conversion gain from -5 down to -25 (I use it as upconverter).so i confuse it .
i think what's the problem :
1.size is not right
2.diode is connect wrong.(IN GaAs diode used as conecting drain and source )
3.my setting in ADS is wrong.
which one ?

i got more question?
when i sweep lo power from -20~20dBm ,my Convgain is posive at 12dBm ,is it possible? but i don't use active device and no bias
thanks

I think you must have made some mistakes in your simulation . your mixer is probably have low P1dB.And i think it's impossible to have positive power gain using passive structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.