Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help:simplest PAL/NTSC video decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinemagg

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,all:
I need a simplest PAL/NTSC decoder, just one composite-video(or CVBS) input and a group of analog R/G/B/Comosite Sync output . Could you give me some help ? Thank you anyway!

Best regards!

U can use SAA7111 or SAA7113 as decoder.

How much are they in small volume?

ASIC

Thank you all! I think what I need is a RGB decoder. Yesterday I read some SPECs such as sony cxa1585q, maybe ICs like this will fit my application. Because cxa1585q only support Y/C input, so I must add a Y/C seperator, Could you give some good choices? Thank you.
P.S. I've heared that SHARP's IR3Y31M/3Y29M is also ok, but I can't find their SPECs, Could you help me ?

If you do as kivi says and use SAA7113 to convert to ITU656 video you could use and DV Encoder to convert back to NTSC such as Philips SAA7121, SAA7129,AD7171KSU,STV0018,BT864........

The AD solution AD7171KSU uses least external parts

:R

ASIC said:
How much are they in small volume?

ASIC

around $5 in volume (possibly 500k) for Philips 7113
more expensive in Japan ($6~7)

casual3

cinemagg said:
Thank you all! I think what I need is a RGB decoder. Yesterday I read some SPECs such as sony cxa1585q, maybe ICs like this will fit my application. Because cxa1585q only support Y/C input, so I must add a Y/C seperator, Could you give some good choices? Thank you.
P.S. I've heared that SHARP's IR3Y31M/3Y29M is also ok, but I can't find their SPECs, Could you help me ?

as far as I know, most vendors support at least 4 CVBS inputs (therefore 2 CVBS + 1 Y/C). vendor list:

Philips
Micronas (formerly Infenion)
STM
TI
ADI
Conexant (formerly Brooktree)

Does anyone know where I can find the source code of such a decoder?
Also where can I find some raw video data sampled at 27MHz?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back