Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Help] S-parameter to Time Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

camel_RF

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ads s2p circuit elements

Hi,

I have a S2P file and would like to know how can I transform it to time domain data.
Much appreciated if the explanation is given along with the formula.

I am thinking to use Matlab/ADS to convert the data.
Pls advise.

Any other comments and suggestion are welcome.

Thanks in advance

s parameter to time domain

why do you want the S parameter in the time domain ?

camel_RF

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
from s parameters to time domain

Well, you need to do a fourier transform of the complex S parameters, one S parameter at a time. You need an arrange your data into an array of the desired S parameter, S11 for instance, and the more frequency points the better. Depending on the fourier transform that you pick from matlab, your data may have be arranged in a repeating frequency step size.

Reactions: tony_lth

camel_RF

tony_lth

convert s parameter lump element program

biff44 said:
Well, you need to do a fourier transform of the complex S parameters, one S parameter at a time. You need an arrange your data into an array of the desired S parameter, S11 for instance, and the more frequency points the better. Depending on the fourier transform that you pick from matlab, your data may have be arranged in a repeating frequency step size.

Do you have any sample program/reference/formula/method for the above transformation?
Thanks.

s11 time domain converter

If your s2p file is the s parameters of a passive circuit, you have to convert it to y or z parameters and then implement this two port y parameters by lumped elements at the center frequency of your design.
so around the center frequency your lumped model is valid and you can use this lumped model in time domain.

for increasing the frequency range of validity, you have to use an optmizer to match the s parameters of lumped network to your s2p file over the desired frequency range.

Hi All, I know this is an old thread but i still get questions about it from my cstomers.
I am getting ready to release a commercial deployment of software to analyse s-parameters in the time domain as well as the frequency domain.

Have a look at the site if this is sill of interest, it is currently still under constructioin but it should give you an idea of what it can do.

Vector Analysis Analysis of measured S-Parameter data from Vector Network Analysers

Hi All,

If you are interested in the software please go to the site and send me a mail via the secure form.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back