Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help: Reverse engineering a DLL file

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglejenny

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
reverse dll file ida pro

Hi,
I need help disassembling a dll file. The file is written in C and compiled using MS VC6. Any tips would be appreciated. Can anyone point me to a good disassembler.

JJ

reverse engineering dll

HI junglejenny :
What you need is IDAPRO 4.3.. It was posted here not long ago! it is 30 megs .. But is the right tool . You will be able to see the exported routines and there is a graphic tool , a viewer that shows all the functions and their logical connections

ida packed dll

Hi !

Try Soft-Ice for tracing & debuging... IDA doesn't always help to understand code ( for example packed executable etc ), but IDA is GREAT TOOL! Must have :)))

Good luck

reverse engineer a dll file

Can you tell me the download site for a demo for Soft-ICE

reverse engineering dll files

Hello,

to reverse with IDA I use this wonderfull tool:

hxxp://polaris.kcmo.net/

It is really 'very big super' great!

Hugo

compile asm file from ida

W32dasm is a nice tool !

happy_99

reverse engineering a dll file

I have a problem with IDA PRO. After conversion the file from HEX to ASM. I try to compile it with MASM or TASM i receive a lot of error messages. I this there is a special complier for the ASM file we got from IDA PRo.

ida reverse engineering dll

W32dasm83 is a uncompeteable tool ! very great for windows tool but sometime you must donwload the unpacker

ida pro dll compile

Why you need to download the unpacker. Can you explain.

reverse engineering soft ice

Because files are often packed and crypted, so to dissasemble them, you have to unpack / decrypt them first. Go to this links and look for unpackers / decrypters:

hxxp://protools.cjb.net
hxxp://www.programmerstools.org

regards

meax98

reverse engineering dll file

Vicent Yang said:
I have a problem with IDA PRO. After conversion the file from HEX to ASM. I try to compile it with MASM or TASM i receive a lot of error messages. I this there is a special complier for the ASM file we got from IDA PRo.

IDA Pro is NOT meant to produce asm file that can be later assembled. This approach is not recommended even by IDA authors. Check datarescue board for more details.

The real purpose of IDA is to understand the way something works.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back