Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Requred for moving message display

Status
Not open for further replies.

sn_burki

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all

I have put this request no of time but still my thirst continues, I have a craz to make a moving display(most siplest one on 89C51 with asm language) just for study purpose. I know not to diplay text on 7x5 matrices but I have some questions to ask.

1) How to scrol text on display?
2) How can we apply different scrolling like scrol right, scrol left, blink text scrol close in centre, scrol open from centre ect?
4) How could the message come into centre?
5) After one scrol how does second start?
6) How to scrol letter one by one?

and many many other questions I have in my mind, I want to make very simple one just to understand the concept.

Please if any one has as per my repuirement please please upload specially based on atmel 89c51 and in assembly language, it will be great help for me.

Regards.

it all depends on hardware.... post your schematic and over that the firmware could be checked...
1) just shift data to send...
2) just select shifting... for a center scroll... mmmm
4) need to data spaces, just try to shift bits form middle
5) just make a loop
6) it´s easy if you could 2) & 4)

hi
Thanks for your reply, but still i have all same questions, I have tried to understand this topic but still I am handfree. if you have any help in project form which answerw my questoins then I will be grateful to you.
regards

let me see the schematic you have, i should be able to guide you through how to do all that you want to achieve

1) scrol text on display?
2) apply different scrolling like scrol right, scrol left, blink text scrol close in centre, scrol open from centre ect?
4) message come into centre?
5) After one scrol a second start?
6) scrol letter one by one?

If you do not have a schematic let me know i would give you one you can start working with.

cheers

hi
thanks for reply, Idont have schametic scanned, its very simple, i am using ATmel 89c51 seven ports for seven rows for the 7x5 led matrix after current amplification using ULN ic, and i m using shift register to shift data for colunms, its a very simple schametic. I have been working on this so long but unable to understand the questions i raised, plz help me if you could do so.

regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back