Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help required with closed circuit DC jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

maniyuri

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need help in connecting a DC jack (closed circuit). The image below shows the the jack I am using.

The jack needs to be connected with a battery pack and drive a circuit. Kindly help me out.

Regards

untitled.JPG

using multimeter you can test it.. the pin inside the connector is shorted to the pins outside the connector... and the internal body is connected to other pin visible outside..

the third pin is shorted to either the pin or the internal circular surface.. the pin is positive and the internal body is ground.. so when you mount the pins shorted to the pin inside the connector will go to ground and the pin shorted to the internal surface will be connected to greound... the third pin is obviously shorted to on of these pins if not short it using wire on the board...

---------- Post added at 17:23 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

**broken link removed**

Reactions: ramina

ramina

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
here is the datasheet. I dont have the component with me at the moment. Can you explain the connections to me by seeing the datasheet?

**broken link removed**

both data sheet are same .. you can do as i said in my earlier post using multimeter or the data sheet say which 2 pins are shorted. you can connect power adaptor to it and measure the voltage.... if you get negative voltage then polarity is reversed...

Status
Not open for further replies.