Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help required :Ring tone generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

verilog_coder

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to generate different ringtones. Can anybody guide me how to do this. I want some simple circuit to generate ring tone when lets say some switch is pressed.

Thanks in advance

Hi

You can use a software to generate ringtones .

Here is an example of a simple, yet very interesting tone generator:
**broken link removed**
The output (instead of piezo-buzzer) can be connected to .. whatever you need ..

Also, there are several examples of tone generators build around 555 timer ( **broken link removed** Two-Tone Experiment) ..

Regards,
IanP

Thanks for the link. Perhaps my help required statement was too short. I want to design a circuit that can play different types of ring tones ( monophonic or/ and polyphonic ) like in mobiles. There will be few dip switches. On pressing a switch a tone will be played.

Another option is to use PICAXE-08M, which has two special commands, play and tune, specifically designed for playing musical tunes.
Programming is very simple (see examples below) and connection to a PC through the COM port requires only 2 resistors (see picture below) ..
Here is an example on how to use the SOUND instruction ("2" after SOUND means OUTPUT 2):
Code:
main:
sound 2,(50,100) ‘ freq 50, length 100
sound 2,(100,100) ‘ freq 100, length 100
sound 2,(120,100) ‘ freq 120, length 100
pause 1000 ‘ wait 1 second
goto main ‘ loop back to start
The TUNE command plays a user defined musical tune on the PICAXE-08M.
"Tunes can be entered manually using the dropdown boxes if desired, but most users will prefer to automatically import a mobile phone monophonic ringtone.
There are approximately 1000 tunes for free download on the software page of the www.picaxe.co.uk website. Some other possible sources for free ringtones are:
**broken link removed**
http://www.free-ringtones.eu.com/
**broken link removed** "
Here is another example on how the music is composed/played:
Code:
main:
tune 0, 6, ($AA, $85, $43, $42, $40, $8A, $C5, $43, $42, $40, $8A, $C5,
$43, $42, $43, $C0, $65, $65, $65, $EA, $C5, $43, $42, $40, $8A, $C5,
$43, $42, $43, $80)
goto main
All manuals can be downloaded from: **broken link removed**

If OUTPUT 2 is used to output music, inputs 1, 3 and 4 can be used to select music ..

Have fun ..

Regards,
IanP

The problem is picaxe is not available locally to me. But simple pics are. Have you ever used picaxe. I downloaded there compiler so that i can see the assembly code generated for tune command but it require programmer to be connected :(. Can you send the assembly code of example tune command??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back