Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help required regarding Linux...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

actiononmail

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all, I want to tell that i am a novice user for Linux and only using Windows XP at my Home,
So can you please guide me that which Linux is suitable for me at home.........wether Fedora or RedHat etc. My Company is using redHat Linux.

Please reply soon,Thank you

:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

if your company choose redhat, you better use the same.
Fedora or centos

Some more suggestions.
If you are just a novice and a desktop user, Ubuntu Gutsy 7.10 will suitable for you. For example, when you dont have mp3 plugin for playing a mp3 song, it will ask you to download and install that plugin and continue with your mp3 player. But this automatic process is not avai in RH and fedora. At that time, you r novice user, you should know how to search that plugin and how to install that plugin by user yum or from package manager. Hope got the point.
Once you will get more suggestions from diff ppl. Then they will suggest their own Linux distro, like me. Finally you will get confused. So you just install what distro you have; then practice it. Aft that you ill know abt it more.
Suppose if u r developer, the distro will not a problem for you.

-Prakash,
**broken link removed** - site for Linux/embedded systems learners and beginners

If U have redhat at work use OpenSuse as it is a simple rpm based distro, another choice is Centos witch is redhat minus the copyrighted redhat logo :)

Hi, if you are new, like me :D better use Mandriva because it is very easy to learn.
but later you can change to Redhat or Centos or Fedora!
i hope it is usefull

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.