Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help required for Zigbee modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh17g

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have two zigbee modules and I want to configure one as coordinator and other as end device. I have checked the module sheet by maxstream and they have addressing options as PAN ID, channel and address.
I am not able to understand the difference between PAN ID and address.
Also, i m unsure about what channel is? and what is its necessity?
Can anybody help me.

Hello,
I have two zigbee modules and I want to configure one as coordinator and other as end device. I have checked the module sheet by maxstream and they have addressing options as PAN ID, channel and address.
I am not able to understand the difference between PAN ID and address.
Also, i m unsure about what channel is? and what is its necessity?
Can anybody help me.

PAN ID is the ID of a personal area network say i group of sensor network used sense gas or smoke in industry. if another network is present,say to sense pressure, its PAN ID is different. address is the address used to communicate with each node .in this example each pressure sensor. all the pressure sensors will have comman PAN ID but differnt address. but the smoke sensors mentioned earlier will have differnt PAN ID sicne it forms different Personal Area Network(PAN). go throgh IEEE 802.15.4 -2006 release document. they have very clearly given what is PAN ID and address.

hope this is helpful

Hello,
I am about start working with Zigbee modules... I wanted to interface it with 8051 uC. I came across the schematic where Zigbbe module is interfaced to 8051 thr IC MAX232. As I read Data can be fed to module thr serial communication. But can anybody please elaborate on In what fashion data streams can be transmitted? I mean How addresses are assigned to module?

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Hello,
I am about start working with Zigbee modules... I wanted to interface it with 8051 uC. I came across the schematic where Zigbbe module is interfaced to 8051 thr IC MAX232. As I read Data can be fed to module thr serial communication. But can anybody please elaborate on In what fashion data streams can be transmitted? I mean How addresses are assigned to module?

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Hello,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back