Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[HELP] Problem when installing Altium Designer 2004 SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

picotube

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I was installing Altium Designer 2004 SP3 (AltiumDesigner2004SP3.exe), I got the following error message:

"There was a problem installing the parallel port driver"

How to solve the problem? Thanks.

Hello,

You must try to propose the question in the forum of the altium. The programmers answer you directly.

picotube

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The parallel port driver is only needed when you have Altium's Nano Board system installed. You don't need it for any other function.

As to why you are getting the error - there are several possibilities. If you had a previous version installed, and the driver is still on the system, it may be read-only. The installer may not be able to install the new driver because it can't erase, or overwrite, the old one. Another possibility is you may have experienced a one-time installer error. You could uninstall, and try again. Does your system even have a parallel port? Some newer computers only have USB

picotube

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: [HELP] Problem when installing @ltium Designer 2004 SP3

attylus76 said:
You must try to propose the question in the forum of the @ltium. The programmers answer you directly.
I tried before but I was not allowed to join the forum. Don't know why... Do you have the access to the forum? If YES, would you pls help me to post the question? Many thanks.

Added after 2 minutes:

House_Cat said:
The parallel port driver is only needed when you have @ltium's Nano Board system installed. You don't need it for any other function.

As to why you are getting the error - there are several possibilities. If you had a previous version installed, and the driver is still on the system, it may be read-only. The installer may not be able to install the new driver because it can't erase, or overwrite, the old one. Another possibility is you may have experienced a one-time installer error. You could uninstall, and try again. Does your system even have a parallel port? Some newer computers only have USB
1) I don't have previous version installed in my system
2) My system have a parallel port

I do not use the parallel port now. For your information, the error message appeared during half-way of the installation. Pls advise. Thanks.

If you are installing just SP3 downloaded from Altium in an existing installation of Altium Designer, you MUST have SP2 Build 8.2.13.2792 installed first. That build was the final retail build for SP2. If you try to install the service pack over any other build, it will fail.

If you are installing Altium Designer with SP3 full installation from the recently distributed update disk sent out by Altium, you should not try to install to the same directory as your old version. You should either install to a new directory, or completely remove the older version first.

If you still have problems, you should try another copy of the installation software. You may have damaged files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back