Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help plz : the result of the translate in ISE may lost!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfred_zhang

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Thanks for your attention.

When i do projects in ISE, sometimes for the reason of code modification or cdc change, I will rerun a project that have finished(all the process were marked by "!").
If just the cdc file is changed, then before the resun, I will not "clear the projests". Then when the "translate process complete sucessfully"(noted in the console), sometimes the mark of translate didn't change from "?" to "!". No mater retry how many times, sill "?". Have u ever encountered with this problem? And you way to solve it?

Sometimes I try to manually remove the ".lock" file, then the mark may change to "!" after translate sucessfully. But this way didn't make sense all the time.
Sometimse removing the "*last_par.ncd" file will helpful, but ofcourse it's not all ways helpful.
Try, try and try... so boring.

What's the use of "*.lock" file? What 's the reason that the "translate sucessfully"" status can not be hold?

Thanks for your help!

try to post a "rerun all" command. ise will restart the all processes right before the step. for example, if you post rerun all at the "generating post translate simulation model", ise will restart XST and translate, and then generates the model again.
I've encountered with ur problem. just rerun sometimes doesn't work.
as for the other intermedial files, ise will clean them is you change your synthesize tool or rerun the project.

thanks, easyli.
But "rerun all" may lost the "!" status of synthesize process if I only make a modification in cdc file.
I want to be more timesaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back