Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP PLEASE!! for Half phase bridge..

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonman

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I am just trying to learn how an half phase bridge work. I built one using 6 nmos's on breadboard but for some reason.. even though i havnt connected the gates.. my psu shows a short :s.... is there any logical reason behind it??

then i went in to LT- spice (shown in attachment)... drew it up.. and it gives me weird results there aswell... regardless of the gates connected or nt.. there is always a voltage at the points where by A, B, C outputs are... so i cant create an High Low effect... which eventually i need to drive my BLDC..

so please share some advice in this matter ... on how to get ride of the short on psu.. and how to simulate it.. im using LT-spice for simulations

You should be using PMOS for the top transistors of each half bridge. The PMOS gate voltage needs to be 15V, relative to the 0V to turn them off.

Keith

moonman

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.