Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help on SPW 4.8.1 on linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanako

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spw linux

i installed spw 4.8.1 on linux rh7.2 and i couldnt find the executable file "spw" in the dir $SPW_HOME/tools/bin

can some1 tell me what are the features for SPW also.

thanks

redhat 4.8 install openmotif

"spw" is a alias for SPW_HOME/caesys/nui/bin/mfileman.And you should execute the SPW_HOME/caesys/nui/bin/mfileman.If you could open "mfileman" ,please tell me how you install.

spw linux

cquptid said:
"spw" is a alias for SPW_HOME/caesys/nui/bin/mfileman.And you should execute the SPW_HOME/caesys/nui/bin/mfileman.If you could open "mfileman" ,please tell me how you install.

the spw problem is solved but i now got an error when i run "spw"

the error is

"error while loading shared libraries: libMrm.so.3: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory"

any idea ???

spw mfileman

eman said:
search for openmotif package and download openmotif-xxxxxx.rpm(e.g http://www.hklpg.org/RPM/rawhide/1.0/i386/RedHat/RPMS/openmotif-2.2.2-12.1.i386.html), after installing this package the problem is solved! Cadence installation docs should tell the user SPW needs this package.

eman

ok i managed to get the package openmotif-2.2.2-5.rpm and after i do a rpm -i openmotif-2.2.2-5.rpm, the following error appears

error: failed dependencies:
lesstif <= 0.92.32-6 conflicts with openmotif-2.2.2-5

any idea how to solve it ???

btw anyone can tell me the feature list of spw. thanks a lot

then please try other versions of openmotif package.

eman said:
then please try other versions of openmotif package.

other newer version of the openmotif i can get is all xxxxx.src.rpm. i not very sure how to install the src rpm. can teach me.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

I met with the same problem? How to settle it. Can anyone tell me ? Thanks!

I'm getting seriously pissed with Redhat. All the different versions have different non-compatible libraries.

How to get a complete flow without having to select back and forth between different versions during boot?

It is very disruptive to have to do simulation in one version of Linux, then reboot into another version of the same OS to do P&R, then re-boot to another version of the same OS to do extraction and LVS, and so on and so forth.

Well... just my 2 cent's worth.

ASIC

where is it?
plz help me.

i met the same problem, and i view the RH7.2 rpm package, it is different with RH7.3, in RH7.3 there is default openmotif package. so i will try spw on RH7.3

Can you please pm me if you have SPW software?

you must unstall the lesstif then install openmotif

use csh
source /site_data/config/spw.cshrc

spw

Glad to see everyone!

Oh, you should install all the required rpm packages , remember need not too new. Just above the required version is enough. Run cdsconf under tools.ln386(I don't remenber very exactlly), you could acquired all the required rpm packages and their version.

" lesstif " does the same work as openmotif, but openmotif is required, although openmotif may be not as good as lessif.

Don't try on RH7.3, it's just waste time unless you have 4.8.2.

Enjoying it!

Status
Not open for further replies.