Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on programming PIC18F67J11 using Sure electronics ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoaspilet11

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sure electronics icd2

Hello Friends,

I am using the clone ICD2 from Sure elctronics.

Anybody has experience using this ICSP programmer please help me.

I have some questions:

1.) I have a hex file compiled from a thrid party software not from MPLAB, can I just load the hex file to my chip on the MPLAB ICD2?

Thanks,
neo

sure electronics mplab icd2 software

Hi,

It seems I cant load my hex file in the MPLAB ICD2 programmer. The ICD2 is Okay and has successfully tested mytarget board.

In the Programmer>settings>program tab, the default bootloader hex file is grayed and I cannot change it to my hex file.

I already imported my hex file to the MPLAB but when I program it the code loaded to my chip is different from the code in my hex file. (Because when I read the program in the chip, its a whole lot different from my code.

The clone ICD2 is workign anyway; it can read, write and balnk check the code.

How ever my problem is I cannot load my hex file to the programmer.

I have some question is the bootloader hex file is getting loaded to the MCU or not?

Please help me.

Thanks,
Neo

Status
Not open for further replies.