Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help on power supply circuit design

Status
Not open for further replies.

vead

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want design schematics digram for 12v dc regulated supply i know i need transfomer, diode, capactior and other component if input 230vac output 12vdc load 20ohms and o/p current 2amp how can i calcuate working voltage, current and rating of component

I think you need to buy the transformer (with 12VAC output), bridge rectifier, 12V regulator (7812 with can housing is good choice, it supports upto 5A current).

Aftab,

Last edited by a moderator:

LM7812C (LM78xxC series) : For 5Amp supply with LM7812, it needs additional arrangement to bypass hi current.

The LM78XX series is available in an aluminum TO-3 package
which will allow over 1.0A load current if adequate heat
sinking is provided. See data sheet: http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/nationalsemiconductor/DS007746.PDF

Use bridge rectifire or 6.0 AMP SILICON RECTIFIER diodes like 6A4(very cheap) depending on transformer type.

For regulation see : Power Supply
or
**broken link removed**

Last edited:

thanks for respons but how can apply formula in circuit to find component rating give example and explain me plz

Status
Not open for further replies.