Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help on noise simulation using spectre

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoonsk

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have a bandgap reference system that need to measure its noise output in uVrms using spectre. When I open the choosing Analyses option, what should I fill up the Output Noise & Input Noise portion ? For output noise, there is probe/voltage option and we need to select Output probe instance .... is it just selecting the output cap ?
For input noise, there is port/voltage/current and we need to select the corresponding input port, voltage source .... what should I select ?

Thanks !
Richard

I also want to know, but the noise analysis maybe in the analysis options

hoonsk said:
Hi,
I have a bandgap reference system that need to measure its noise output in uVrms using spectre. When I open the choosing Analyses option, what should I fill up the Output Noise & Input Noise portion ? For output noise, there is probe/voltage option and we need to select Output probe instance .... is it just selecting the output cap ?
For input noise, there is port/voltage/current and we need to select the corresponding input port, voltage source .... what should I select ?

Thanks !
Richard
Hi

You schould use voltage output (than you schould select your BG output, and ground)
For equivalent input noise you can choose what ever you want, since you don't have real input. It is good idea for you to take one current source and to conect it at some node with idc=0 and than select it as equivalent input noise source.

Status
Not open for further replies.