Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help on erlang b simulation in opnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

xignalz

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to calculate traffic by erlang b

guys!!!! can anyone help me on basic simulation of erlang b plzzzzzzzzz====>

erlang b simulation

I'm new in telecommunication, I wish to understand how to calculate erlang value. Anybody can help?

opnet + earlang value

well leekk8, i do not understand exactly what you meant by calculating erlang. actually Erlang is the unit to describe traffic intensity.

we have Erlang traffic intensity tables whereby it gives traffic intensity in Erlang for a given number of channels in a system for a given grade of service.

more info can be obtained by reading Theodore S. Rappaport's (Wireless Communication :principles n Practise) chapter 1 and 2.

nathan,

ya, I wish to know how the erlang value indicates the intensity of traffic. What is the range of erlang value, the traffic is considered normal, what is the range of erlang value, the traffic is considered abnormal or congested.

TQ

leekk, i hope this answers ur question.

A traffic intensity of one traffic unit (one erlang) means continuous occupancy of a facility during the time period under consideration, regardless of whether or not information is transmitted. The amount of information transmitted is not relevant, but will be less than 64 kilo-bits per second.
For example, if the traffic in a call center is 8.5 Erlangs in one hour, more than 8 trunks were used in that hour.

I cannot generally give a value of traffic intensity for a system during normal operation or heavy traffic flow. This is because every wireless or wired network is designed with different number of equipments to cater different number and level of users. Different systems are based on different traffic models, have different number of users, different number of tansmitters and etc.
To get more info, read more on Cellular Planning.

try this link: it has good explanation too:
**broken link removed**

if you have a specific problem that needs help; please give info on the type of system, number of users and etc.
i can help with the cellular planning and recommend the suitable traffic model to be used.

Please post relevant replies...........guys i am here to ask something in which i got problems,
if u need to know anything, u can do that anywhere elsE

Erlang-B assumes that blocked calls are cleared and that the caller tries again later. In the other words, the caller whose call is blocked does not immediately reoriginated the call. the blocking probability P(blocking) or grade of service, according to the Erlang-B. i have the document about this problem.

Added after 47 minutes:

I have a book about ur problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.