Status
Not open for further replies.

pkihogo

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a two-port antenna in CST microwave studio and I use a simultaneous excitation. The amplitude and phase shift for port one are maintained at 1.0 and 0 degree respectively. The excitation signal at port 2 has amplitude defined as 'gamma' and phase 'phi' and these are being varied between 1 to 3 and 0 to 360 degrees, respectively at some reference frequency f. The simulation results denotes the active s-parameter for port one as S1,1[1.0,0.0]+2[gamma,phi],[f]; and S2,1[1.0,0.0]+2[gamma,phi],[f] for port two.

My concern is I want to understand which equation does CST use in calculating those active s-parameters because the one which has been defined in the help (as per image attached) has no phase and reference frequency. I actually tried to use the equations defined in the attached image to verify what I get from simulation but I get different answers. I suppose the equations for active s-and-z parameters should have included the phase and reference frequency. How to achieve this? Your help please!

Attachments

• active-s-parameters.PNG
    49.1 KB · Views: 404

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…