Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on cadence bindkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

srieda

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence bindkey

Hi I am newbee to cadence, but not new to EDA.
1) I want to have a bind-key to output the netlist directly from the schematic viewer. Can anyone guide me how to that?
2) I also do want to know if the same thing can be done through command line also.

Thanks in advance..

cadence bindkeys

You can clik on

Tools>>

Analog enviornment>>

Simulation>>

Netlist!

bindkey cadence

dozy_walia said:
You can clik on

Tools>>

Analog enviornment>>

Simulation>>

Netlist!

i asked for a bindkey!! i know this procedure... is there a way to map this onto a single key? using SKILL or something....

cadence bind key

Generally cds.env file contains information about Bindkeys. If you dont have one your local directory cadence will pick up the default cds.env files from its installation directories. You can copy that file into your local directory from where you start your cadence software. In the copied file in your local directory, you need to modify or add SKILL code. Some study of SKILL code is needed if you want things in your own way. Not very easy but not impossible also.

I tried it that way sometime back and I don't know whether there is any other procedure exists in recent versions.

bindkey with towards

@gunturikishore
could u help me out in that? could you provide me or guide me towards that skill code? I am not at all used to this GUI method, and its really killing me.. :(

cadence bindkey

1. Make a netlist as you usual do.
2. Open CDS.log file.
3. There should be the sequence of SKILL commands.
4. Open Bindkey editor and give this sequence to single key.
5. Save session.

You can also put this sequence into .cdsinit file, for example:
hiSetBindKey("Schematic" "Shift<Key>)F12" SKILL COMMAND SEQUENCE)

cadence schematic bindkey file

where to open bindkey editor? thx!

cds-bindkey cadence design

and how can i set the path of cadence to analog permanently?

I have to go to spectreS to set it each time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back