Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on Ansoft Designer/HFSS and MATLAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

blerman13

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ansoft helical antenna

Hi, all
I’m interested to learn quite well the Ansoft Designer and Ansoft HFSS. My problem is that I cannot find any tutorials step-by-step so I can learn both of the brilliant software tools very-very good. Another problem which I have got is that my company does not provide training or to request training with these tools. So everything I have to learn on my own, but for company’s benefit. To be more accurate, my supervisor gave me some numbers on Excel spreadsheet which are creating one helical antenna as shown the Figure 1 below on the EZNEC.

Figure 1

He told me to rotate this antenna by 45 degrees. Initially the plan is to have two of those antennas to be perpendicular on the horizontal plane on a rectangular shape panel. In the same position as they are, rotate them by 45 degrees from the horizontal plane and between them must have an angle of 90 degrees, as shown on the Figure 2 below. Assuming that the points A and B are the two helical antennas.

Figure 2.

My question is simple. How I will do all of this using HFSS?? Assuming that I have already drew one antenna by 90 degrees as shown in Figure1.
My last question is how I will learn and do the same thing in MATLAB as in Ansoft HFSS, assuming that I have already drawn a helix somehow as you see in Figure 3. I’m looking for a script which will do this job

Figure 3

Than you very much for your time

P.S.: Please read the attached word document

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back