Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed with this remote control forward/reverse switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simjamlmx

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
remote1.jpg

hi could somebody please tell me how to wire this remote unit up, i just can't get my head round it at all. it's for a go kart project that im working on, i can weld these chasis together, put gears on bikes and stuff but i'm a thicko when it comes to understanding this stuff, i can wire up simple dpdt's and lights but this little circuit is a mystery to me, the reason i bought it was because i believed it would arrive with some instructions for dummies. which maybe it has, is this how it wires up?

remote3.jpg

just like in that diagram?

help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

My guess is that they expect it to be understood that you hook up your 12V supply to the two terminals marked 12V and 'gnd'. Don't know why they didn't draw a battery in the schematic.

Then you install jumper wires from the supply connector block to the two connector blocks near the relays.

These wires need to be beefy enough to handle current to the motor. Including surges which may be several times normal current. (Likewise with your 12V and return wires.) Check a table of wire gauges listing safe ampacity.

It will be tricky to fit 2 or 3 wires under a screw. Then to tighten the screw down equally on all the wires. No wire must get loose. A vehicle vibrates, which can loosen connections.
You may end up having to solder the jumper wires together.

so if i just connect according to that diagram it should work.

That's correct.

Hook up all the wiring first, then connect it to power. Just to be safe.

Perhaps you already installed an on/off switch to disconnect the system from the battery? Because it's best if the module doesn't draw juice continually.

bradtherad, thanks for the help on that switch, did it tonight cause i'm close to putting the sliding canopy on the mini batmobile (for nephew) the switch was so that he could open the canopy from the remote on his little utility belt, cool.

the truth is that it was the numbers on that schematic that were throwing me off, the just don't correspond to they numbers on the circuit board, so having ignored the numbers i finally succeeded.

anyway thanks again for the assistance. might post a link to the switch in action once i have the thing done.

Status
Not open for further replies.