Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed with LCD module

Status
Not open for further replies.

nigelmercier

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've just built a device with three 7-segment LEDs, but it simply isn't bright enough when used outside. I've decided to redesign it to use an LCD, and to drop the third digit.

The display needs to be between 15mm and 21mm high, with multiplexed inputs: I have a limited number of PIC outputs (I'm currently using 10, but I've got 3 spare). The display must have pins, or solder terminals (unless anyone knows how to connect to a zebra-strip connector without a zebra-strip!)

My choice seems to be either a 7-segment LCD, or a character display module.

I'm having difficulty sourcing a two digit 7-segment LCD, so I guess I could use a 3 or 3.5 digit one. Any thoughts on this?

I've found a number of 2x8 character LCDs. Can these be used in 1x8 mode, with double-height characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.